2014 Brazil World Cup: 'Our group is the biggest surprise'

© Photo: Vesti.Ru
The eyes of the soccer fans are turned to Brazil - the world cup draw for the 2014 has just been held. 32 best teams have just found out the names of their opponents. The tournament kicks off in Brazil next year. Denis Kazansky, Russian sports analyst and soccer commentator, shares the first impressions about the draw. What's the biggest surprise of the draw so far? Our group is the biggest surprise because we hope it will be some easy choice for us and I think that we are in very good position. There is only one top quality team in our group. Who is us? Belgium, Algeria, South Korea and Russia. Belgium is a top quality team and I think they are the toughest to beat. But as for Algeria and South Korea, I suppose that Russian side can be good with them and I think we have lots of expectation from that group and we can gain some wins from there. How can you comment on the chances of the teams? In the group H I think we with the Belgium have to be qualified from the group. As for others, I can say that it is very tough competition in group D – Uruguay, Costa Rica, England and Italy, it will be very interesting - Italy and England. And as for group G, I think that the most important picture is Germany versus USA because the head coach of the USA Juergen Klinsmann is ex-coach of German national site and they will face each other - Joachim Low versus Klinsmann. So, it will be very interesting. I think that we don’t have so-called death group in this competition. What chance does America have to win it all? Zero because I think that the group G where USA is, Germany, Portugal, Ghana are too tough for them. They are very good but I think that Portugal and Germany could qualify from that group. As for USA I am not so sure about it. What about Russia? As I said, Russia has very good chances and I think along with Belgium National site we can qualify and be there in the playoff spot. England? It is tough to say but because of Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica, I think they are open to beat and I think that England and Italy will qualify from that group. Source: Article