Former Players Hail Kallis As The “Greatest SA Cricketer”

Published As South Africa’s the greatest all-rounder of his era, Jacques Kallis, called it time on his Test career,tributes flew in from various quarters in admiration of the legend. Kallis, cricket’s fourth highest Test run-getter, on Wednesday, announced that he would be hanging his boots from the longer version of the game, however, for selection in the limited-over formats. “It’s been an honour and a privilege to have been part of the South African test team since making my debut 18 years ago,” said the 38-year-old, who has amassed 13,174 runs and taken 292 wickets from 165 tests. “I have enjoyed every moment out in the middle but I just feel that the time is right to hang up my test whites. “It wasn’t an easy decision to come to, especially with Australia around the corner and the success this team is enjoying but I feel that I have made my contribution in this format.” Former captain Kepler Wessels described Kallis as “the greatest cricketer this country has ever produced.”Source: ArticleImage: https://upload.wikimedia.org/