Stop pretending and solve real issues, Kargil war hero's daughter urges India, Pakistan

New Delhi: Gurmeher Kaur, daughter of martyred Indian soldier Captain Mandeep Singh, has posted a video on social networking site Facebook urging both the Indian and Pakistani governments to stop pretending and solve real issues. In the video, the girl is seen silent, but used a series of placards to express her feelings. Introducing herself and her father, who was killed in the 1999 Kargil War, she said that it was difficult for her to forgive Pakistan and Pakistanis initially. "I also remember how much I used to hate Pakistan and Pakistanis because they killed my dad", a placard read. She also spoke about her hatred towards the Muslim community and confessed that she wanted to stab a burkha-clad lady once. Kaur also said that it was her mother who helped her come to the terms with the reality as she puts up a placard reading, "Pakistan did not kill my father, war killed him. It took me a while to know, but today I do. I have learnt to let go of my hate." "I fight for peace between India and Pakistan", another placard by the girl who identified herself as a soldier, like her late father said. Criticising the governments of negligence, Kaur stated that it is difficult to be a first world country with third world leadership and urged them "to pull the socks up and address the issue at hand". "If Japan and USA can put their troubled past behind and move on, much like France and Germany, what is stopping the neighbouring nations from the sub-continent", another placard read - See more at: http://ummid.com/news/2016/May/02.05.2016/captain-mandeep-singhs-daughter-to-india-pakistan.html#sthash.ZeOfOkz6.dpuf - Source: ummid.com